Monday, October 5, 2009

Poverty

Help People In Poverty
Poverty reflection
The statistic that surprised me the most was In Canada 15 percent of children live under the poverty line or 1.2 million almost ( 1 in every 6 children ). Then there is me I go to a private school. I have so much that it would make your head spin and I take it all for gannet my hockey equipment. Cost more than what is put towards theses kids every day.
My dad is a fire fighter in my home town and he says that if I were to see how some of these kids live. I would never not eat a meal again ( well except for most vegetables but they don't count ). but even though that would suck. I bet you it would do a lot of good for most of us.
If we put an end to poverty that would do us good. Next time you see some one in poverty be nice to them. I'm not saying strike a conversation I'm just saying give them some money.
Or next time you go by a food donation give on more can than you did last year. Make it a challenge try to donate more and more every year. That one can could cure a kids hunger for a night. If you lived in poverty how happy would you be if one person donated one extra thing. To them it wold fell like a pain to give one box of mac and cheese. But to the person that got it they would be thankful. Just think about that together we could cure poverty. Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

  1. It was good but next time try not to make it to good O.K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its emma from your bus! Oh there you are Perry! gggggggggggggggh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mitch! R u on your blog! Send me comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a decent first post Dunzy Dunsmoor. You have some thoughtful insights and reflection. In fact you have many and you may find your writing is more powerful if you focus on one main idea and really develop it. I know it's tricky to get our brains to stay focused on one thing and not skip off on tangents but when you can force yourself to do it, the results for your writing will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete