Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Forgive but don't forget

"Forgive your enemies, but don't forget their names". These are the words of the great John F. Kennedy. John lived from ( May 29, 1917- November 22, 1963 ) JFK was 35th President of the United States Of America. He Started serving in 1961 till he was assassinated in 1963 in Dallas Texas next to his wife in his convertible during a Presidential motorcade.
But back to the quote what I think it is trying to say is that you souled forgive your enemies but don't forget about it remember them try to become friends with them for example last year their was this kid named Evan and we hated each other. But this year were getting along pretty well and I will tell you at the mid way point of last year there would be no way that I would think that we could go the first whole month without being at each others necks every day.
What it means is pretty close to what I said sure it means "Bury the hatchet" but don't forget where you place it you don't even have to like the person but end it before more people get involved like friend's and family like my friend Andrew last year my he didn't like a kid named Jacob and I did because he had been nice to me from day one and I guess he wasn't very popular because very few people liked him and because of all my friend's not liking him I did to. So what JFK is trying to say is end your feud even if you've never been friends try to be in the long run nobody cares how tough you are now, how many sport teams you played on now not even how popular your now ( and you know who I'm talking to people who are mean. ) Like last year at are middle school dance Alex danced with AJ because she felt sorry for him now that is what I call cool. So this quote has a couple of meanings 1. Be nice to every one we all deserve it 2. Don't be afraid to go out with someone even if their not popular don't be treated like a puppet 3. It's not cool to be mean so don't treat everyone with respect.
Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. Hey man yes i got ya your first comment thank me later

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey mitch.
    I loved reading your take on J.F.Ks quote
    Very good job
    Alexis and Blake

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dunzy Dunsmoor, I'm not sure I entirely agree with your interpretation of JFK's quote but I think I might like your interpretation better than mine. I love that you have incorporated the idea of building a new relationship with your enemy into the idea of forgiveness. It's as though you have added friendship to the criteria for achieving forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete